The justice is one of the most important aspects is part of societies and peoples, is a value that acts promoting respect for equally among all the duties and rights that have all individuals within a society. One of the various types of justice is social, which focuses mainly on the fair distribution of goods and services.
The social justice is a kind of justice that focuses on sharing so fair of all social goods to ensure dignity to the people making and improve social cohesion . It is a principle related to social and individual life in the political community.
- Definition of social justice
- When to apply
- Types of social justice
- Relationship with equity
- Relationship between participation and social justice
- Importance of social justice
The social justice is a kind of thinking and standards mainly focus on to make a distribution fairly for all goods and services considered basic which prove to be necessary for the proper development and the development of an individual within a society.
The main features are mentioned below:
- It is one of the many values that exist, however, it turns out to be the most important for society.
- It is responsible for ensuring the common welfare and that people can live harmoniously in society.
- It ensures that there is a good balance between the individual good and the common good based on fundamental human values.
- Seeks to find equity in social affairs.
- The UN established February 20 of each year as the World Day of Social Justice.
- It is the flag of many types of organizations and political and social movements .
- It manifests itself through protests in the streets and public spaces when the State does not guarantee or promote it within society.
The concept of social justice was born in the mid- 19th century, although some sources of information on the subject have been found in writings dating from the mid- 18th century in Europe . It emerged as a need to strike a deal on a fair of goods that had in society. Over the years, the term began to be used by various thinkers from the middle of the 19th century. By the 19th century, the term was used in England and was later adopted by the Social Democracy .
When to apply
It is applied when it is necessary to maintain peaceful coexistence in societies, when it is necessary to establish measures to solve problems related to equality and in cases in which a person needs the benefits of some service from the State such as health and safety. education.
Its main objective is to ensure that all citizens that make up a certain nation can have the same rights and basic services so that they can develop adequately as individuals part of a society.
There are several types of social justice which are applied or categorized depending always on the social environment in which they are applied. In this way we can then mention the following types:
- Labor social justice : it is responsible for ensuring that there is a healthy relationship between workers and employers, including the psychological and physical conditions necessary for the employee to be able to carry out their work properly.
- Economic social justice : in this case, it refers to the equitable distribution of wealth. It implies that these riches are not accumulated only by a few people to avoid a disparity between social classes that can produce social injustice.
- Health social justice : implies the right that people have to enjoy health in an equitable way. It makes health a fundamental right to which all people should have access.
The principles on which social justice is based and founded are the following:
- Social equality : this principle implies the guarantee that all human beings have without exception to be able to enjoy human rights, civil, social, political and economic rights which also include being equal before the law and having the same rights. opportunities.
- Equal opportunities : implies the guarantee by the State so that social classes do not have any kind of influence on individuals. It establishes that people, regardless of their social stratum, have the same opportunities to develop and to be able to use all their gifts within society.
- Welfare State: establishes that the State is the body in charge of being able to enforce all the social rights of individuals in order to be able to create a society that is more egalitarian.
- Income redistribution: Look for ways to deal with income inequality. This is achieved by distributing income equitably in order to provide more services and resources to those who need it most.
- Defense of labor and trade union rights : this principle includes the protection of trade unions, different labor unions and other unions that defend workers from exploitation and economic inequality.
Relationship with equity
Both terms are closely related because social justice will always imply equity . They are two values considered as relational since it is possible to make the statement that equality will always be linked to equity. Equity will also imply the use of impartiality to be able to recognize the different rights of individuals.
Social justice can be built more easily when there is dialogue and respect between the parties and for this, it is necessary to increase and promote participation, mainly the citizen. It is this participation that makes it possible to transform and create changes that are related to the needs of citizens and the state.
Social justice is an aspect of great importance for societies since achieved increase and promote the protection against possible farms to people who are in a vulnerable state . With it, the possibility of being able to create and walk towards a society that is fairer and that is also more equitable opens up even more .
Some relevant phrases that have been mentioned regarding social justice are the following:
- Your truth may increase as you know how to listen to the truth of others.
- The ultimate tragedy does not turn out to be the oppression and cruelty of bad people, but the silence of good people.
- Injustice in any country turns out to be a threat to justice everywhere.
- The worst form of injustice is simulated.
- Justice, equality and freedom should be more than just words … they should be goals.
- Being a good man is not the same as being a good citizen.
Some important examples of social justice that should be present in nations are:
- Inclusive, equitable and quality education .
- Gender equality because society must promote the fact that all people have the right to have guaranteed access to their rights regardless of their gender.
- Racism and xenophobia that must be eliminated as all people have rights and obligations regardless of their ethnicity or condition to achieve a more egalitarian society.
- Dignified , safe and accessible housing for all people.
- Health care that implies surveillance by a health system that is efficient and effective.
- Labor that implies decent work for the inhabitants so that they can function and develop within society.