Shigeru Miyamoto is a leading video game director , producer , artist , designer, and general manager . He is undoubtedly known as the most innovative, admired, prolific, influential, and acclaimed video game developer. Shigeru Miyamoto has been the creator of the most lucrative franchises in the video game industry and it is he who is credited with a wide variety of titles that have been praised by virtually every critics in the area. His great contributions to science and art The middle on the technical software side of game development are unmatched when it comes to having a profound impact and an enduring legacy.
- When was he born: 11/16/1952
- Nationality: Japanese
- Profession: Game designer
Who is Shigeru Miyamoto?
He is an important and well-known director , producer and designer of video games originally from Japan. One of the creators of the most acclaimed games like Mario Bros. , Popeye and Donkey Kong , games that have caught the attention of the general public.
- Shigeru Miyamoto Biography
- Acknowledgments to Shigeru Miyamoto
- Shigeru Miyamoto video games
- Shigeru Miyamoto Quotes
Shigeru Miyamoto Biography
Shigeru Miyamoto was born on November 16, 1952 in a small town of Sonobe in Japan . He has been the creator of the most lucrative franchises in the video game industry and has been credited with a wide variety of titles, he is a man who has been praised by all the critics in the area. When he was just a child, he participated in age-appropriate activities such as drawing, painting, playing baseball, and participating in children’s shows. Miyamoto’s family was a very simple and low-income family, they had no car or television. On very few occasions a year, he and his family ventured to the city of Kyoto.by train to go to theaters to see a movie, mainly those made by Walt Disney. When he was eleven years old, Miyamoto’s father finally bought a television and brought it home. Later, Miyamoto became a huge fan of Japanese animation and by the time he was in high school, he began creating manga , and joined a manga club when he entered high school. After a while, his family moved to Kyoto, which would offer Miyamoto greater opportunities to develop his skills.
For Miyamoto the most important part of a video game is that people want to play it. In the games he has created, he always looks for a way to prioritize the design of the mechanics and how to constantly innovate to get out of the routine. It’s not until you get through that phase that you begin to spend time looking for characters , stories, and art sections that are truly appropriate and fit with the things you’ve planned. For him part one of the fundamental parts is to create games that at the same time are products whose key factor is fun, moving away with his vision from the point of view of other developers, who thereforeThey generally live more focused on directing their productions towards the genre of the film or towards the interactive novel.
Acknowledgments to Shigeru Miyamoto
One of the most important achievements as a designer was Super Mario 64 , his first three-dimensional game in which it is possible to control both the character and the point of view. In 2010 and 2011, he was nominated for the Prince of Asturias Award for Communication and Humanities , an award he managed to win for his great contribution to communications in the video game environment .
Shigeru Miyamoto video games
Some of his most important games have been:
- Donkey Kong (1981) – Director, Designer
- Donkey Kong Jr. (1982) – Director, Designer
- Popeye (1982) – Designer
- Mario Bros. (1982) – Director, Designer
- Devil World (1984) – Producer , Director, Designer
- Excitebike (1984) – Producer, Director, Designer
- Super Mario Bros. (1985) – Producer, Director, Designer
- The Legend of Zelda (1986) – Producer, Director
- Super Mario Bros .: The Lost Levels (1986) – Producer
- Zelda II: Link’s Adventure (1987) – Producer
- Kirby’s Adventures (1993) – Producer
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (1993) – Producer
- Super Mario All-Stars (1993) – Producer
Shigeru Miyamoto Quotes
Among his most important and recognized phrases are:
- When you look at things from a managerial perspective , it is easier to reduce everything to the most basic and fundamental.
- Whenever possible, I prefer to achieve results in the simplest possible way.
- No more than one page is needed for a proposal. (…) People spend too much time on presentations.
- Efforts must be made , but not unnecessary efforts.
- A game that is delayed at the end is good, a bad game, is bad forever.
- Which is better: be negative or be positive? I believe that both visions are important and must coexist . (…). Maybe it’s best to be positive when it’s time to move on and make things work. (…) The negative person focuses only on quality, not caring if the product is finished on time or not.