Any computer or electronic device works from a series of languages that the equipment understands and works as a series of procedures to execute and work , this is usually called the “equipment codes” but its correct name is language programming .
In theoretical terms, the programming language is a computer communication system between the programmer and the computer through a vocabulary which, through a source code provided by the software , can designate a series of functions and how the program must execute them. computer.
- Origin and history
- What was the first programming language
- What is a programming language for?
- Examples of programming languages
Origin and history
From the creation of computers to the present , we work with a binary code or code of zeros and some of which form long chains, which are totally impossible to find an end.
This is why the first programming language was created , which only served to translate these binary strings into letters that would facilitate the programming processes , this was called assembly language .
But it was not until 1953 when John Backus proposed to the superiors of the IBM company to develop a new language which would replace the assembly language , this is how the Fortran language was born and which even consisted of a perforable card made of a kind of cardboard which served as a guide for programming.
What was the first programming language
The first programming language created was born from the idea of simplifying the programming work, which at that time only worked with the logical base of 0 and 1.
That is why the first computer programmers sought to create a translator and that is how through the abstraction of words and letters what is known as assembly language was born , in which the addition function was used, the letter A was simply placed, which is the first letter of the word “add” that is translated from English as add, so it was easier to memorize the codes.
Among the most notable characteristics of the programming language are:
- They are used for various functions , from activating one n to loading a file and giving the order that all functions be activated simultaneously.
- Those who study systems engineering watch much of their programming language career .
- It is very possible that being on the internet through any browser, a button or function is pressed and out of nowhere in the middle of the screen a set of boxes and letters appears, that is the programming language of the web.
What is a programming language for?
Because the languages of the machine are absolutely incomprehensible to human beings , the programming language allows the operator to dictate to him in a way that is understandable to him, to dictate all the set of actions which the team must execute . This system in the same way must be studied and known since it is established through a series of codes.
The best techniques that can be used to do a good job programming are as follows:
- The correction : Being in a constant review of the perfect functioning of the established functions, in case of failures, specifically establish the requested functions.
- Clarity : It is extremely necessary to work with codes that are as legible and clear as possible , because it will make revision and maintenance work much easier.
- Efficiency: It is necessary to bear in mind that the program must not only do the established work well, but must also do it in the fastest and most efficient way possible, managing all resources correctly.
According to their data types, there are:
- The char : They are those types of language which can only understand a character which can be either a letter or a sign, as well as a number.
- The int : They are those types of programming language that contain only the trained numbers,
- The floats : They are those types of programming language that contain only decimal numbers.
- The strings : They are those types of language which contain text strings , they are more complex since, unlike char, it must understand many different codes at the same time.
- Boolean : Are those types of language which can only understand zeros and ones.
Within its structure there are:
- Conditionals : Better known as conditional statements , they are a series of structures formed by code which give the orders and conditions for a program to be executed . This in turn is made up of a series of conditioned employees, which are:
- If : It is the one that marks the conditions for the program in question to be executed:
- Elseif : It acts after the if, executing a continuous action to execute parts of the program in case of error.
- Else : It is activated when the if does not allow to open the program so it looks for a solution .
- Loops : They are in charge of continuously executing codes as long as the conditions allow it . This maintains activation commands that would be:
- For : It is in charge of executing those codes that are established between two parameters.
- While : executes the codes requested by the user as long as the conditions are met.
- Functions: they were created with the sole purpose of avoiding having to constantly activate just one piece of code , so it is responsible for momentarily enclosing them within others.
- Syntax: It forms all the programming language codes in a visible way , these are only and exclusively textual, and include not only letters but also numbers and signs.
- Static semantics: It is in charge of establishing the restrictions that exist within the conformation of the texts which are impossible or almost impossible to express through standard syntactic formalisms.
- Type system: It refers to the system that is in charge of classifying both the values and the expressions in types and allowing the operator to manipulate the codes and modify how they act between them.
Examples of programming languages
Some examples of programming language are:
- C ++
- Java script
Through programming languages is that currently you can see programs, web pages , among other various things that are enjoyed the way they are seen, since behind it there are a series of codes that work like gears that make work correctly to the applications that you are even using to read this.